Monday, June 17, 2013

Updated Nighttime Skincare Routine!


In January I did a nighttime skincare routine. Of course not too long after I posted that routine I started shopping around for new products mainly because I did not like the face wash that I was using. Since then there have been a few changes to my nighttime skincare routine and I am going to share it with you! Just a reminder I have dry sensitive skin and usually have eczema. 


I start by removing my face makeup with my Equate Makeup Remover Wipes. These are the Walmart brand makeup removing wipes. I like the packaging of these wipes because they don't dry out as quickly. I use one wipe front and back to remove my face makeup.


To remove my eye makeup I use the L'OREAL Paris Clean Artiste eye makeup remover. It is 100% oil-free. I put some of this on a cotton round and hold it on my eye for a few seconds. Then I wipe off my eye makeup. It does a good job at getting waterproof mascara off also. 


I wash my face with the PURPOSE Gentle Cleansing Wash. I really like this face wash. This replaced the Aveeno face wash that I was previously using. This does not burn my face and does not irritate my eczema. This wash does not really get foamy. It is a very gentle face wash. 


After I wash and dry my face I use the Equate Sensitive Skin Astringent. This is also a Walmart brand product. I pour some of this on a cotton round and swipe it across my face. This just helps pick up any makeup and/dirt that was left behind. It does give a tingling feeling when you put it on your face. 


I then moisturize my face with the Curel Ultra Healing lotion. To me this is a 'heavy' lotion. I only use it at night because I don't like the feeling it gives my face but it really does help my dry skin. On the back it says that it is non-greasy lotion. 


I apply a small amount of vitamin E oil on my under eyes. While doing some research I found that you could put vitamin E oil on dark circles so I have been testing that out. I only apply the vitamin E oil at night. 


Lastly I use my e.l.f. lip exfoliator and apply a coat of vaseline to my lips. I love the lip exfoliator! It really leaves your lips smooth and it tastes good. Sometimes if my eczema is really bad I will apply it over my eczema patches.. I have found that by doing that it helps reduce the chance of my eczema flaking in the morning. 

What are some products that are essential to your nighttime routine?

Til next post!













1 comment:

  1. Dear friends! Skin care treatment is done by Klinik Esthetika very well because I take their service. They care your skin very well. Klinik Esthetika is skin care treatment in India

    ReplyDelete