Monday, July 1, 2013

Beauty Through The Decades: 30s!


Now I'm not gonna lie I had a pretty hard time with this 30's look. It wasn't easy finding pictures on Google. From what I gathered they kept it pretty natural on the eyes with some type of red lip. A lot of the looks I found the lid color was almost the same color as their skin tone how ever I don't have a shadow that's the same color as my lids so I went with a matte taupe-y color. 


I used a matte taupe color on the lid. For the crease I used a matte brown that was only a few shades darker. I didn't want it to be really dramatic. I didn't put anything in the outer corners. I used a liquid liner for the my top lash line. Unfortunately I couldn't do my brows like in the 30's because they had they tiniest penciled on eyebrows and my brows are pretty full there was nothing I could do. For my lip I used a berry red lip liner all over my lips. 

  
I tried to really make my contouring darker than usual for this look. I used the bronzer from the e.l.f. blush and bronzer duo because it is a fairly dark bronzer. For my blush I used Peachy Keen by e.l.f.

Next week is the 40's and I have a guest blogger that will be participating !

I still need a guest blogger for the 70's, so if you would like to do a 70's look please let me know!

Til next post!

5 comments:

  1. Hello there :D I like your look, good job, can't wait for the next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a hard time finding pictures for this decade to go off of so I hope I was accurate !

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! I used to do the 30s look a lot. Nothing beats semi natural eyes with a red lip.

    Of course, I'm a sucker for eyeliner so it figures ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a great job even though the 30s don't really have the same kind of "iconic" makeup look that some of the other decades have...which is probably why people didn't sign up for this one right away ;) haha I'm excited to see who you are working with next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It was definitely tough to find some inspiration pictures but I did my best!

      Delete