Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Beauty Things I Suck At Tag!

Hello everyone! Today I am going to do the Beauty Things I Suck At Tag! I have been extremely busy lately so I haven't really been able to prepare any looks for tutorials. But after next week I should be back on a regular schedule of posting. I have watched so many YouTube Beauty Gurus do this tag and I  think it is so much fun. So here are the beauty things I suck at!

1. Natural Curly Hair
I naturally have very very curly hair. I am mixed (Italian and Black). I straighten my hair every week because whenever I want to wear my hair curly naturally it just doesn't happen. I have pretty curls when it is wet but that is a different story once it drys! Not cute! I just can't seem to figure out how these girls get their curls to stay so pretty and bouncy all day. I need to go on a hunt for hair product that will work in my hair. That's also something I have an issue with.

2. False Lashes
It just doesn't happen. I recently wanted to get into wearing lashes so I purchased so e.l.f. lashes since I don't know what I am doing and didn't want to spend a lot on them if it wasn't going to work. I did purchase the Ardell lash glue because I have heard the glue that comes with the e.l.f. lashes is no good. No matter what I do I can't seem to get the lashes to stick! Pretty sure they just hate me. I have even watched tutorials on how to apply them and I still can't seem to do it. I guess I will have to keep practicing!

3. Winged Eyeliner
I can do winged eyeliner great....on one eye. If I get one eye "perfect" the second eye always looks terrible. It never fails. That or the wings are COMPLETELY different! Therefore I just hardly ever do winged eyeliner even though I really love the look of it!

4. Concealing my Under Eye Circles
This could have to do with the fact that I am absolutely TERRIBLE at choosing concealer. I have tried like 5 different ones and they were useless on my under eye circles and a few just made them look gray and cakey. 

5. Picking Foundation Shade
I HATE shopping for foundation, mainly because I can't pick the right shade to save my life. I find that in brands that don't have a huge selection of color I always seem to be a tad too dark to the darkest light shade and too light to the lightest tan shade. Makes no sense! I have been suggested to try the loreal true match because of the shade selection so I think that I am going to give that a try. I am just not good at judging what my shade is. I went to Sephora to get foundation and the girl was trying to match shades to my face and she was also having a hard time. "Your not completely yellow but your not completely olive either" is what she said to me.


Those are some of the beauty things I suck at!
What are some things you suck at?


I tag:

and everyone else reading!

Til next post!

6 comments:

  1. Nice post Ally! :) thanks for tagging me. This tag is so hard! I'll try & think of some things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! and your welcome. Haha, it was a little hard to really think of things that I actually sucked at and it wasn't just because I was too lazy to do lol

      Delete
  2. http://amriaa.wordpress.com/2013/04/04/wellaton-hair-dye-review-and-beauty-things-i-suck-at/ I did this a while back but now I think I have more to add haha :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I didn't realize you had already done it! I just read it, you had some good ones that I didn't even think of! I also suck at growing my hair it just doesn't happen lol Once it starts growing my split ends appear so I have to cut them off I hate them!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for tagging me! I literally suck at the exact same things!!! haha the only thing I am pretty good at on your list is choosing foundation shades. I feel you so much on the eyeliner haha my left eye always looks like poo and totally different then my right and I am FOREVER on the hunt for a good uner eye concealor cuz I just can't find one that does everything I need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! Haha! I feel you on the concealer thing! I can't seem to find one that does what I need it to do. Everything I have tried so far have made my under eye circles even worse!

      Delete