Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Beauty Through The Decades: 60's!



Wow it sure has been awhile! I know these beauty through the decades posts are supposed to go up on Monday's but we just got our wifi set up yesterday so I had to post it late. This week is the 60's featuring the lovely Tori from Notorious Beauty Blog! Unfortunately I was unable to do a look for this post because I have been extremely busy. Between my jobs and unpacking I just haven't had the time. Don't even ask me where my camera is nonetheless my camera cord! I have no idea where they are, I need to hunt them down asap. I feel really bad that I couldn't do a look because of the craziness   going on right now. I don't know how frequently I will be able to post especially when school starts back up I will probably neglect my poor blog once again. But enough with my ranting! Today's post will be focused around Tori from Notorious Beauty Blog! and her 60's look!

Tori's 60's Look!

Here's what Tori had to say!

"I was looking up photos of iconic makeup looks from the 60's and I decided to model my look after Twiggy. I realize I look nothing like her haha but I love the intense cut crease and huge lashes that she always wore! I decided to kind of make the look more wearable for everyday as it wouldn't look as dramatic on my anyway since when I open my eyes you can't really see much of my eyelid, unlike Twiggy who had large perfect for eyeshadow eyes. When doing 60's makeup it is important to Go for neutral colored eyeshadows and apply them all over the lid and to define the crease by choosing a darker eyeshadow and apply it in your crease. I used my Urban Decay Naked Palette for this look. I used the color Naked all over my lid and up to the brow bone and the colors Darkhorse and Creep throughout the crease and along my lower lash line. Next I applied Wet N Wild Black liquid eyeliner on the upper lash line to create a cat eye and completed the eye look with Ardell Wispies eyelashes. (For more photos and a full list of products I used make sure to check out my blog!) :) I was so excited to be invited to do this look on Ally's blog because she was one of the first people to really support my blog and encourage me to keep working and I appreciate that more than she knows <3 Hugs and kisses xoxo Tori"


Doesn't she just look gorgeous! I love the look and seriously love that lip color!!
Thank you so much Tori for being a part of beauty through the decades and I am extremely sorry that I couldn't do a look for the post. 

Everyone make sure to stop by Notorious Beauty Blog! for more about her look and to explore the other things she blogs about! :)

Til next post!!

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely be reblogging this later! Don't worry people definitely understand when you are busy :) I have been crazy busy too (I didn't just move though haha) but it is something we all understand and I can't wait till you get some more time cuz I love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete