Monday, January 28, 2013

bodycology Shimmer Gloss Review


When Wal-Mart was having 50% off all their Christmas items I found these bodycology Shimmer Glosses. I am not a huge fan of shimmer glosses but I figured for $5 it was not a bad buy. The set came with 6 15ml shimmer glosses:

1. Hot Cocoa
2. Candy Cane
3. Berry Flirty
4. Sassy Sugar
5. Passion Berry
6. Sugar Plum

I did swatches on my arm to try and show you guys how they look out of the tube. I apologize for the photo, it is not the best. It was a little difficult to get a picture of the swatches while making sure the flash did not affect the colors. The swatches are in the same order as the photo and list above. 




As you can see they are mainly sheer glosses with glitter in them. The only two that really have color pay off are Passion Berry and Sugar Plum ( the last two swatches).

All in all I do like this product and think it was a good buy. I was mainly worried that they were either going to be really really sticky, which I HATE or taste really bad! They are not that sticky! I was happy to find that when I put them on I was fine with the consistency. It was not the sticky feeling that makes you want to just take your lipgloss off right away. I think the amount of glitter in it is a pretty perfect amount. It's not to the point where its over powering and/or obnoxious. 

Flavor wise Hot Cocoa is my absolute favorite! It smells just like Hot Coco and when you put it on your lips the taste is exactly how it smells. I like to pair it with my nude lipsticks. 

I think that they were worth the $5 spent on them, however if they were full price I most likely would have not gotten them. They were $10 full price. 

Thumbs up for bodycology shimmer glosses!

Have you ever tried any products from bodycology?
Do you recommend any?
What's your favorite?

Til' next post!





No comments:

Post a Comment