Sunday, January 27, 2013

Aveeno Obsession?!

I guess you could call it that! It's no secret that I use A LOT of Aveeno products. Since in my last post I shared with you my nighttime skin care routine I figured I would stick with the topic of skin care for today's post. I am going to give my thoughts and opinions about each Aveeno product that I currently own. Let's get started!


~My skin type: Extra dry, sensitive, eczema prone~

1. Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion
          * This is my back up lotion for the Aveeno Intense Relief Overnight Cream (which I will be talking about later). When I purchased them I thought that they were different lotions until my mom told me to read the back of them. They are basically the same thing! *face palm* But I wasn't too upset because it was larger than the other lotion and came in a pump bottle so I kept it as a back up for when I run out of the other one. 

2. Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash
          * I love this body wash! When my eczema gets really bad I can not put soap on it because it burns like crazy. This body wash is very soothing and does not irritate my eczema. 

3. Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream
          * When my eczema was really bad I would always put this on it to keep it moisturized. It does not irritate my eczema because it is fragrance-free and has oatmeal in it. It is not greasy and I like the way that it feels on my skin. 

4. Aveeno Intense Relief Overnight Cream
          * I would keep this next to my bed when my eczema was flaring up. It is a little thicker than the eczema therapy cream. It does help with itch relief to some extent. If any of you have eczema you know what I mean when I say that somethings it's almost as if nothing can stop the itch!

5. Aveeno Ultra-Calming Moisturizing Cream Cleanser
         * I think this is the one product that I do not really care for. It does seem to burn my eczema when it is on my face. I also just do not feel that it is really doing much of anything, no the less washing my face. 

6. Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream
          * This cream is supposed to help restore and maintain moisture barrier of extra-dry skin. I use this on my face. I put it on right after I wash my face. I leave my face a little wet and put the cream on top. It helps my skin retain the water and stay hydrated. I love this cream, and I think it works great! It is 11 oz. and has lasted me a while! I am still on my first tub and will most definitely repurchase it when I run out!

7. Aveeno 1% Hydrocortisone  Anti-Itch Cream
          * There really is not too much to say about this product, it is just basically like any ol' hydrocotisone cream but with Aveeno's name on it. I do use it on my eczema when it gets really itchy. I keep this in my purse so it is on me at all times just in case I flare up. I've also used it on bug bites. I am starting to run low so I need to pick up an other tube!

I definitely recommend the Aveeno brand to anyone with extra dry, sensitive, eczema prone skin. Aside from my face wash, I love all of the products that I own by them. All the products are fragrance free and have some type of oat or oatmeal in it. Most of my products I think smell like oatmeal but that does not really bother me because I would rather smell like oatmeal than use a product where I love the smell but it irritates my skin. Sometimes you must sacrifice for beauty!

Do you use Aveeno?
What are some of your favorite products?
What products would you recommend?

Til' next post!



No comments:

Post a Comment