Monday, August 5, 2013

Beauty Through The Decades: 80s!


Holy cow! I actually have a picture up for this post! YES! I finally found my camera and cord and had some free time to finally participate again!

Today my lovely guest blogger is Patricia from Beauty Informer! We are rocking some 80's looks for you guys today! Let's get started with Patricia's look. 


Patricia says "I kept true to the vibrancy of the 80's and used my 88 color palette from Coastal Scents to achieve the look. I used a blue for my lids and pink in the crease area. I then used an orange shade above the pink and highlighted my brow area with yellow. I used a bit of the blue, orange and yellow  under my eyes too." 


"For my face, I used some primer, a foundation, and some blush and contour powder. 
I followed this up with a light coat of mascara and pink lipstick and liner. 
Notice my side ponytail with the blue band to match the eye shadow ;)"

I love Patricia's look! I love that it is still completely wearable! Make sure to stop by her blog Beauty Informer


I was definitely excited to do an 80's look because, well, I love bright colors! I really went for a bright obnoxious look. It may not be everyone's cup of tea and may not be "wearable" for everyone lol. I consider it wearable, and I actually do normally wear my eye looks like this. My mom always says I should have been born in the 80's!

 
 

I used an e.l.f. brightening eye quad in Punk Funk and a Rimmel London ScandalEYES eyeshadow pencil in witness white to achieve this look. I took the scandalEYES eyeshadow pencil and applied it all over my lid and lined my lower lash line with it. I applied the pink shadow from the quad all over the lids and the purple in the crease. I lined my lower lash line with the blue shadow in the quad. It is a very quick and easy look!


Hope everyone enjoyed this beauty through the decades post! Next week I'll be rocking the 90's with another guest blogger! Don't forget to stop by Patricia's blog, Beauty Informer!


Til next post!

6 comments:

  1. Both lovely looks! I'll be getting my 90s look to you very soon! Will be doing it on Wednesday or Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha, love you disco girls! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ally thanks for the lovely post and for hosting me. I apologize for the delayed response. I have had a lot to deal with at my end for the past few weeks.
    I love the look you created, especially the hair. You rock the 80's look to perfection! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay I am so pglad you are able to put up pictures again also :) I am in love with those bright neon shadows Ally they looks so bright and beautiful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ally, I nominated you for the Liebster award - http://beautyinformer.wordpress.com/2013/08/30/my-liebster-award/ xx

    I'll also have our post of the 80s up later tonight on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was fun reading all of your posts based on the various decades!

    ReplyDelete