Sunday, March 24, 2013

Organization/Storage Tip: Makeup

(My First post without crappy cell phone pictures. YAY!)


For today's post I am going to share with you guys how I store my makeup and makeup brushes. This is just what works for me. Hopefully it will give some you guys some ideas on how to store your makeup products also. 


The photo above is what the top of my desk looks like. The leopard print box was a jewelry box. I took all the drawers out and laid it down. That way there are 6 openings for me to put things in. I store all my everyday makeup in this. I really like it because everything is just right there. The little openings are organized into categories; Lips, Concealer, Foundation/Face Primer, Powders, Eyes, Eyebrows. I keep my e.l.f. lip exfoliator on the left corner and my Maybelline Vivids in Pink Pop on the right corner (because I think the packaging is cute!). 


I purchased these little "containers" at the dollar store. They were each $1. My eye brushes are in the square ones along with my lip glosses. I purchased silver sand filler(it honestly looks like tiny rocks, not sure why it was called sand) at Walmart for around $4 to fill the "containers" with to keep my eye brushes in place for a Sephora inspired brush holder. I keep my face brushes in the round "container". 


My desk is not an even surface. The right side is higher up (printer ideal desks). On this side I keep my skincare, my makeup mirror and this plastic organizer. I purchased this at Target 3 years ago when I was buying things for my dorm room freshman year of college. This just holds the rest of my makeup. In the back section I have my e.l.f. brush shampoo and daily brush cleaner along with some face masks and extra foundation and liquid liners. 


This is the section the lifts open. I store all my lipsticks in here. There are 16 in there. That's all that fits in there. I really want to get a lipstick holder so that I can display all my lipstick. 


This is the first drawer. I keep all my eyeliners, jumbo eyeshadow pencils, lip liners and my color tattoo in here. 


This is the second drawer. I keep all my bronzers and blushes in here. I own a lot of e.l.f. bronzers and blushes. My favorite bronzer is the N.Y.C bronzer in Sunny. That is not in this drawer because I wear it everyday. 


The last drawer is where I keep all my eyeshadows. I have a ton of the Wet N' Wild color icon trios. I really like them. The color pay off is great! I also have a good bit of e.l.f. shadows in there also. 


That is how I store my makeup. I really like my storage system. It works really well for me and the size of my collection. 

How do you store your makeup?


'Til next post!








No comments:

Post a Comment