Friday, March 1, 2013

Foundation Update/Review!

In July of last year I did a post about a foundation that I had purchased. The Sephora Instant Radiance Foundation. I wrote about my first impressions of the foundation. I promised an update and here it is! The reason my update post is so long after my first impression post is because I didn't really start wearing the foundation everyday until about last month. Now I can really give my thoughts about the foundation.
Let's get started!




The shade I wear is 28 Medium Camel. It comes with 20ml of product for $22. Not going to lie I am still not too thrilled about the foundation being $22. I have recently just found out that they discontinued this foundation. I was definitely bummed when I found out because it took me forever to find a foundation that worked with my skin and had a good shade match. Looks like I will begin my foundation hunt once again.  
However, this foundation works really well on my skin. As I have mentioned before I have very dry sensitive skin and usually have really bad eczema. The color match is almost perfect(I think I may have been able to go a shade darker). I say this because my skin is discolored. Lighter in some areas, darker in others due to eczema scarring.) It does not irritate my skin whatsoever!  The foundation lasts all day long. I love the pump. I know some people don't like foundations with pumps but I like it because it helps me control how much foundation I want to use rather than pouring it out. One pump is enough for me to cover my face. The coverage is definitely build-able. It blends really well and does not give the look that I am wearing foundation. I've seen a lot of people say that it's light weight and I agree with that but you can feel it on your skin. (if that makes any sense!)
I apply this foundation with my e.l.f. studio powder brush (love that brush!!). 

I top off my foundation with the Rimmel London Stay Matte powder. I am in the shade creamy beige. 

As I mentioned I will have to start my foundation hunt again because my foundation was discontinued. I recently picked up the Rimmel London Clean Fresh foundation for $2.50 at K-Mart. I picked up the color 430 Soft Honey. I will be trying this foundation out to see if it works with my skin and if the color match is good. I will let you guys know what I think about it. 
P.S. I wore it all day yesterday and let's just say I am liking it so far!


What brand of foundation do you wear?

Til next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment